An Alternative to Day Treatment
Vanguard Intensive Program (VIP) is for students who require intense intervention and a jump start on the road to a successful, stabile home, social and school life.
The program is appropriate for ages 9 – 23 who are experiencing significant anxiety, social or behavioral issues, and would benefit from daily therapy, family therapy and a highly structured school and home program.
How long is the program?
The length of stay varies for each child depending on need; however, the anticipated average length of stay is two to six weeks.
Who will work with my child?
Our treatment team includes a case manager, senior therapist, teachers and family therapists/educators. The child’s psychiatrist and individual therapist are part of the extended team.
Teachers and other service providers working with the child are part of the extended team. Clinicians involved with the child upon referral will be involved in transition planning and will continue to work with the child and the family upon discharge from VIP.
If needed, an in-home behavior coaching program is available.
How much do these services cost?
Fees are $325 per day.
Does my child have to be enrolled at Vanguard Prep School to participate?
No. The same intensive treatment program is available to outside students. Transition services will be provided when the child returns to his or her regular school.
Let's talk about a plan that works for your family.
Who is appropriate for VIP?
- Are between the ages of 9 and 23
- Have been diagnosed with a mental health disorder
- Have not been successful with less intensive treatment
- Have not been appropriately accommodated in school due to the mental illness
- Have parents who are able and willing to participate in treatment
What services can our family expect?
- Daily programming (Monday – Friday) from 8:30 – 3:30
- Written treatment plan
- Morning and afternoon community meeting
- Daily family “check in”
- Daily group therapy
- Family therapy
- Weekly family education and support
- School and Home-Level Systems
- Five hours daily school program
- Regular consultation with student’s psychiatrist and other clinicians